Finance Officer Job. UNICEF Aug 2019 is available | Apply Now
Finance Officer Jobs, Finance Jobs, Accounting Jobs, Finance Administration Jobs, NGO Jobs,Well Paying Jobs, UNICEF Jobs
Under the supervision of the Administrative/Finance Officer (P4), the Finance Officer (NO.B) is responsible for providing support to the supervisor and colleagues in the office by administering and executing a variety of professional and technical financial transactions and processes, applying theoretical skills and thorough knowledge of organizational goals, objectives, rules, regulations, policies, and procedures to complete the tasks.
Support to financial planning and management
- Provide support to the financial planning process for CPMP by preparing/analyzing financial data/estimates and documentations verifying relevancy, accuracy and completeness to support budget planning. Provide financial operations support throughout the financial planning and implementation process.
- Review budget expenditures according to allotment and codes and verify compliance with guidelines and procedures. Keep stakeholders informed for timely action.
- Provide technical and operational support on the application, interpretation and implementation of operational policies, procedures and guidelines to the Representative and CO colleagues and stakeholders. Resolve routine financial operational issues and/or recommend (and record) deviation from policies and guidelines to meet objectives.
- Provide technical support to the programme counterparts/committees, e.g. review budgets and financial plans of implementing partners; monitor compliance with HACT framework, including support to assessments, assurance and capacity development of implementing partners.
- Prepare and/or monitor financial exception reports to assess unusual activities and transactions, investigate anomalies, and keep supervisor informed for timely action.
- Review financial and reputational risks in the transactions carried out by the office and raise flags when action is needed by management.
- Where applicable, support PSFR activities on budget preparation, strategic income projection/ reporting, setting and monitoring performance indicators, revenue and expense reporting, and provide technical advice during strategic planning exercises.
Control of accounts:
- Process and/or review (as per delegated authority) the accurate and timely processing submission of payments (e.g. MIP, travel claims, pension fund, advances to governments etc), journal entries and other financial transactions within scope to the Global Shared Services Center (GSSC), ensuring compliance with budgetary limits, IPSAS and organizational regulations, rules, policies, procedures, standards of accountability, and ethics. Take timely action on outstanding accounts to resolve pending issues. This includes dialogue and follow up with the GSSC to facilitate timely processing of financial transactions submitted to the center.
- Process/supervise (as per delegated authority) the disbursement of payments when done locally via bank letters, checks, or petty cash.
- Process and supervise cash receipts and reconcile income contributions to ensure their timely deposit and recording in UNICEF systems.
- Monitor and analyze financial transactions, accounting reports and reconciliation of accounts to ensure accurate and current financial information for applicable compliance (e.g. IPSAS, donor reporting, internal policies) and management oversight, planning and/or action.
- Prepare or contribute to mandated management/statutory office financial and accounting reports to UNICEF Board/Bodies/Donors, verifying the reliability of data and compliance with organizational guidelines.
- Collaborate with oversight bodies (e.g. UNBOA, OIAI, Evaluation Office, JIU, donors, etc.) to provide answers to requests; and engage with the appropriate colleagues to resolve financial observations and recommendations raised in a sustainable and efficient manner.
- Complete applicable accounts closure activities (monthly, quarterly and yearly) on a timely basis and per closure instructions.
- Examine DCT transactions (transfer, adjustments, reprogramming and liquidation) supporting documents to ensure FACE form has been properly entered into the system and the expenditure is broadly reasonable and in accordance with policy.
Treasury and cash management:
- Manage bank, petty and cash on hand accounts transactions and operations in accordance with UNICEF/UN financial regulations and rules, policies, procedures and local banking practices. Keep abreast of procedures and regulations regarding maintenance of bank accounts and exchange and interest rates. Keep supervisor and relevant colleagues informed for timely action.
- Maintain contact with local bank management on routine operational matters.
- Maintain a system to monitor and forecast periodic cash requirements. Provide current information on cash position/forecast to management and make recommendations or take action to ensure sufficient availability of resources for programmes and operations activities.
Knowledge and capacity building
- Promote a culture of highest ethical standards and behavior in management of UNICEF’s resources.
- Support initiatives for management improvement by capturing, institutionalizing and sharing best practices and lessons learned. Recommend improvements in processes and procedures to enhance productivity and performance including implementation of cost saving strategies.
- Participate and/or organize training and learning events to build capacity of staff and stakeholders/partners.
- Support operations of the office as required.
- A first level university degree in accounting, financial management or another related financial field is required. Supplemental formal financial / accounting training may be accepted if university degree is not in a related financial field. Diploma qualification in CIPFA is acceptable in lieu of relevant university degree, or its equivalent.
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant professional experience in financial management or audit is required.
- Experience in an international organization and/or large corporation is preferred.
- Experience in a UN system agency or organization some of which served in a developing country is considered as an asset.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel required.
- Experience in database packages, web based management systems and ERP systems (preferably SAP financial modules) is considered as an asset.
- Experience with IPSAS and/or IFRS is considered as an asset.
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate:
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
View our competency framework at:
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
How To Apply:
Visit the UNICEF Website Vacancies Page to Apply
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Application Closes: 5th September 2019
Kenyan Nationals Only
Don’t Miss Your Next Job & Best Career Advice. Subscribe Below Now.
Contact Us for more Information on Finance Officer Job. UNICEF Aug 2019
You would not like to contact the Institution over information You saw on another site. For this singular reason, Johnene has seen the need to provide more reliable contact information through Which Starbinet Customers can get solutions to their problems. Please, Contact us below:-
Please share this post on Finance Officer Job. UNICEF Aug 2019 to all concerned ones. Regards, Starbinet Team