FHI 360 Jobs 2020 are available for those qualified. Apply now for the FHI 360 job postions before the closing date.
On this page We will treat the following: FHI 360 Vacancies, FHI 360 Jobs 2020, FHI 360 Recruitment Application form 2020, Job portal, job postitions…
The Employment board of FHI 360 announces job positions that are available for Applicants. The FHI 360 Vacancies comes with requirements which One must meet to stand a chance.
How to Apply for FHI 360 Jobs 2020
FHI 360 seeks a Senior Technical Specialist – Human Health will support the implementation of activities to strengthen Zoonotic and AMR surveillance in human for an anticipated CDC Global Health Security (GHS) funded project to enhance global health priorities in Kenya with the general objective to prevent, detect, rapidly and effectively respond to public health threats of international concern including naturally occurring outbreaks and intentional or accidental releases of dangerous pathogens.
*Recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project and the selection of the final applicant is subject to donor approval.
Job Summary / Responsibilities:
This position will be responsible for activities related to strengthening the capacity and systems for zoonosis and AMR surveillance in animals. This position will be based in Nairobi with frequent field trips (50 percent or more) in different parts of Kenya.
Specific responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Provide technical assistance to collect, assemble, and review data related to zoonotic diseases, AMR and AMU patterns in human (e.g., AMR trends for the zoonotic bacteria/antibiotic combinations).
- Provide technical assistance/participate in human health investigations (e.g., source, antibiotic use, and spread of infection).
- Provide technical assistance/participate in mapping/investigating/assessing antibiotic distribution and use in the supported facilities.
- Provide technical assistance for assessments and improvements of the National reference laboratory, microbiology laboratories/surveillance sites for human health.
- Provide technical assistance for sample collection, coordination, and transport.
- Conduct supportive supervision and monitoring of, and onsite coaching and mentoring to NMRL and human AMR surveillance sites.
- Support the project lead to provide technical assistance to establish and make functional AMR and/or One health TWG. Provide support to conduct and participate in AMR and/or One Health TWG meetings or other similar governance structures.
- Provide support to develop and/review AMR guidelines, and Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs) pertaining to human health such as surveillance plans, and diagnostic SOPs.
- Share the findings including AMR trends to AMR stakeholders quarterly and annually with relevant regional national/international stakeholders.
- Provide technical assistance to prepare and submit AMR/AMU-related data and report as per the national, regional and global standards and requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Medical Laboratory science or other relevant subject and at least 5 years of experience in Medical Microbiology/bacteriology or related area.
- Registered with the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologist (KMLTTB).
- Ability to apply principles of infection prevention, Biosafety and biosecurity.
- Ability to communicate and coordinate with human AMR stakeholders.
- Strong coordination, communication, and interpersonal aptitudes.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- AMR and Zoonotic disease surveillance and other relevant health programs (strongly preferred).
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the ethical issues surrounding research and surveillance.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.