FHI 360 Jobs 2020 are available for those qualified. Apply now for the FHI 360 job postions before the closing date.
On this page We will treat the following: FHI 360 Vacancies, FHI 360 Jobs 2020, FHI 360 Recruitment Application form 2020, Job portal, job postitions…
The Employment board of FHI 360 announces job positions that are available for Applicants. The FHI 360 Vacancies comes with requirements which One must meet to stand a chance.
How to Apply for FHI 360 Jobs 2020
FHI 360 seeks a Senior Technical Specialist – Animal Health will support the implementation of activities to strengthen zoonosis and anti-microbial resistance (AMR) surveillance in animals for an anticipated Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Global Health Security (GHS) funded project to enhance global health priorities in Kenya with the general objective to prevent, detect, rapidly and effectively respond to public health threats of international concern including naturally occurring outbreaks and intentional or accidental releases of dangerous pathogens.
*Recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project and the selection of the final applicant is subject to donor approval.
This position will be responsible for activities related to strengthening the capacity and systems for zoonosis and AMR surveillance in animals. This position will be based in Nairobi with frequent field trips (50 percent or more) in different parts of Kenya.
Essential Job Functions: Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical assistance to collect, assemble, and review data related to zoonotic diseases, AMR, and antimicrobial usage (AMU) patterns in animals (e.g., AMR trends for the zoonotic bacteria/antibiotic combinations in broiler and layer populations).
- Provide technical assistance/participate in animal health investigations (e.g., source, antibiotic use, and spread of infection).
- Provide technical assistance/participate in mapping/investigating/assessing antibiotic distribution and use in food livestock.
- Provide technical assistance for assessments and improvements of the veterinary reference laboratory, microbiology laboratories/surveillance sites for animal health.
- Provide technical assistance for sample collection, coordination, and transport.
- Conduct supportive supervision and monitoring of, and onsite coaching and mentoring to CVL and animal AMR surveillance sites.
- Support the project lead to provide technical assistance to establish and make functional Animal AMR and/or One health TWG. Provide support to conduct and participate in Animal AMR and/or One Health TWG meeting or other similar governance structures.
- Provide support to develop and/review all documents, guidelines, and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) pertaining to Animal health such as surveillance plan, diagnostic SOPs.
- Share the findings including AMR trends to AMR stakeholders quarterly and annually with relevant regional national/international stakeholders .
- Provide technical assistance to prepare and submit AMR/AMU-related data and report as per the national, regional and global standard and requirements.
Minimum Requirement Standards:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in animal health, animal science, animal production, veterinary technology, or a related area.
- Minimum of 8+ years of experience in livestock management (e.g., nutrition, care, treatment, and health) with an emphasis on poultry/cattle/fishery.
- Ability to apply the principles of biosafety and biosecurity.
- Ability to communicate and coordinate with livestock producers and animal industry stakeholders.
- Strong coordination, communication, and interpersonal aptitudes.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- AMR and Zoonotic disease surveillance and other relevant health programs (strongly preferred).
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the ethical issues surrounding research and surveillance.
- Registered Veterinary Technician/Technologist is preferred.