Equity Bank Kenya Jobs 2023 for Special Assets Manager
Equity Bank Kenya Jobs 2023 for Special Assets Manager available. See details below on how to apply for the position of IT Customer Service in Millar Cameron.
Equity Bank Limited (The “Bank”) is incorporated, registered under the Kenyan Companies Act Cap 486 and domiciled in Kenya. The address of the Bank’s registered office is 9th Floor, Equity Centre, P.O. Box 75104 – 00200 Nairobi. The Bank is licensed under the Kenya Banking Act (Chapter 488), and continues to offer retail banking, microfinance and related services. The Bank has subsidiaries in Kenya, Uganda, South Sudan, Rwanda and Tanzania. Its shares are listed on the Nairobi Securities Exchange and Uganda Securities Exchange. Equity Bank was founded as Equity Building Society (EBS) in October 1984 and was originally a provider of mortgage financing for the majority of customers who fell into the low income population. The society’s logo, a modest house with a brown roof, resonates with its target market and their determination to make small but steady gains toward a better life, seeking security and advancement of their dreams
Equity Bank is one of the region’s leading banks whose purpose is to transform the lives and livelihoods of the people of Africa socially and economically by availing them modern and inclusive financial services that maximize their opportunities. With a strong footprint in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, South Sudan and DRC Congo, Equity Bank is now home to over 12 million customers – the largest customer base in Africa. Currently the Bank is seeking additional talent to serve in the role outlined below.
- The Special Assets Manager will play a key role in the success of the Group’s management of problem accounts with a specific focus on exposures above $ 500,000 (USD Five hundred thousand only). The Special Assets Manager ensures that the high-risk portfolio is well managed to mitigate against potential provisions and achieve write backs on where provisions have been booked in the Banks’ books. The Special Assets Manager shall be primarily responsible for monitoring the department’s loan portfolio and ensuring customers’ compliance with the set loan conditions and covenants.
Job Responsibilities/ Accountabilities:
- The role holder will primarily be responsible for the recovery and collection of a portfolio of Non-Performing Loans and ensure the bank gets back monies owed.
- Responsible for meeting the bank’s recovery/collections target through individual targets assigned.
- Monitoring covenants and document material financial changes and covenant defaults.
- Monitoring account conduct and timely payment of facilities.
- Completion of credit reference bureau checks.
- Checks and due diligence activities.
- Liaising with clients to collect financial and supporting documents.
- Liaising with the Senior Managers to ensure timely submission and approval of memos, interim reviews, annual reviews, and Special Assets Board Papers.
- Interpreting and analyzing interim and annual financial statements.
- Liaising with Senior Special Assets Managers to ensure accurate covenant testing and monitoring.
- Identifying, mitigating, and properly documenting risks and policy exceptions, recommending risk ratings and exposure strategies.
- In conjunction with the relationship teams, acts as the primary contact between the Bank and customer.
- Attending customer visits and meeting with third party vendors such as monitoring agents, consultants, and external lawyers.
- Documenting, sending, and archiving hard copy letter communications to the customer.
- Following up on receipt of signed offer letters and other required loan approval documents from the customer.
- Ensuring that all approval conditions are met in a timely manner.
- Liaising with internal customers/stakeholders to support timely delivery of the credit process.
- Support the Head of Special Assets when necessary.
- Complete special projects when assigned.
- Meet the department’s learning e-learning and training goals.
- Participate in the department’s team building activities.
- Good credit risk skills.
- Good negotiations and relationship management skills.
- Strong analytical and numerical skills.
- Strong communication and report writing skills.
- Strong planning, coordination, and time management skills.
- A minimum of five years of relevant management special assets/recoveries in the corporate segment is required.
- Knowledge and understanding of Cash flow lending required.
- Clear and concise communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to coach, mentor, train, and transfer skills to others.
- Experience in engaging senior executives in facilitating decision-making and reporting.
- Strong understanding of overall banking operations, systems, and processes.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Willingness to travel.
Academic Qualifications and Competencies:
- A university degree in a Business-related field. A Masters’ Degree will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of five years of banking experience in turning around accounts, recoveries and portfolio management experience.
- Any professional qualifications related to credit, business recovery and turning around accounts.
- Experience in working in banking environment will be an added advantage
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 31 May. 2023
Regards from Starbinet