Deloitte Consulting Jobs 2021 for Security Officer available. See details below on how to apply for the position of Security Officer in Millar Cameron.
Deloitte Consulting is a leading provider of innovative development solutions to U.S. and international donors, foundations, governments, and Fortune 500 companies. With member firm presence in more than 150 countries, we bring the power of a global firm and leverage our immense technical expertise and firm capabilities to bring integrated approaches to US Agency for International Development.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work—always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity, and positive change. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
What impact will you make?
At Deloitte, we have a clear purpose, to make an impact that matters to our clients, our colleagues and our communities. From professional development to leadership opportunities and career advancement, we empower our people to be their very best – because that is how you make an impact.
Main Purpose of Job
Deloitte East Africa currently has an exciting opportunity for a dynamic person to join our Internal Client Services team as a Security Officer. In this role, you will support the implementation of policies and procedures designed to minimise the risk of Deloitte’s people security, physical security, health & safety, environmental security, and physical assets from harm, loss and/or compromise as a result of dishonest, criminal and/or inappropriate acts and taking into consideration the local laws and regulations applicable.
- Support in implementing physical security policies, processes, and practises across all East Africa offices;
- Investigate and act against any form of malicious / criminal activities against the Firm including fraud, industrial espionage, theft and intellectual property theft;
- Assist the Occupational Health and Safety teams in the event of an incident and ensure that the physical security controls are not compromised;
- Manage security contracts and ensure adherence to the agreed terms and conditions;
- Maintain a security asset register, ensure that all security equipment is insured, maintained, serviced and regularly tested for effectiveness and efficiency;
- Prepare and share communication with staff on security matters, liaise with out-of-duty-station staff on security matters and report on the same;
- Ensure the Firm’s compliance to internal, regulatory and statutory security related policies, rules and regulations at all times;
- Recommend Firm wide security trainings that will help staff on security preparedness;
- Provide input into the annual budget for security services and manages expenditure for the team;
- Provide specifications and technical inputs for approved security projects and follow up and follow through to ensure completion;
- Ensure all relevant committees, champions, fire marshals, first aiders are trained and actively involved in their roles; and
- Conduct security induction for new hires, contractors, and visitors.
- Bachelors degree in Security Management, Security Administration, Security studies, Criminology or other related field;
- Internationally recognised industry certifications and expertise in security related disciplines will be an added advantage;
- 4 – 5 years’ experience in a similar environment or security institution; and
- Extensive knowledge of physical security risk management.
Key Performance areas
- Delivery excellence.
- Analytical thinking and problem solving.
- Business Technology Acumen.
- Skilled in field with sound industry and business knowledge.
- Experienced in communication and implementation of security strategies.
- Proven ability to manage and execute projects.
- Good report writing skills.
- Good financial knowledge.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Effective interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Good mentorship and coaching ability with desire to develop self and others.
- Strong client delivery focus.
- Adaptable, managing change and ambiguity with ease.
- Focus on quality and risk.
- Effective problem-solving ability.
- Excellent business acumen.
Knows the business and industry – Researches economic, industry and market conditions to gain a deeper understanding of the member firm/stakeholder situation and needs.
Manages to get results – Seeks to understand how assigned areas of responsibility contribute to broader business objectives and desired outcomes.
Manages and executes projects – Seeks to understand the key components of a work plan.
Solves problems – Conducts analysis to clarify the problem and its root causes.
Manages quality and risk – Maintains independence, when required, and an attitude of objectivity in the performance of services; complies with personal and other independence requirements set by regulatory bodies and Deloitte Global/Deloitte network policies.
Manages change and ambiguity – Maintains a positive attitude when facing change or ambiguity.
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte, we believe in the importance of leadership at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters.
Leadership / Behavioural Capabilities
Living our Purpose – Identifies and embraces our purpose and values and puts these into practice in their professional life.
Influence – Builds relationships and communicates effectively in order to positively influence peers and other stakeholders.
Performance drive – Seeks opportunities to challenge self; teams with others across businesses and borders to deliver and takes accountability for own and team results.
Strategic direction – Understands objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns own work to objectives and sets personal priorities.
Talent development – Develops self by actively seeking opportunities for growth, shares knowledge and experiences with others, and acts as a strong brand ambassador.
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world.
From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
the kind of adverts you want to be getting from Us.
Regards from Starbinet.