Danish Refugee Council (DRC) Jobs 2022 for Project Assistant – Social Cohesion available. See details below on how to apply for the position of Project Assistant – Social Cohesion in Millar Cameron.
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-profit organisation founded in 1956 that works in more than 30 countries throughout the world.
Overall purpose of the role:
A Project Assistant will play key roles in implementing the Social Cohesion project in Kalobeyei/Kakuma. The project Assistant will work directly with Refugee community in Kalobeyei Settlement/Kakuma and host community within the project area and local authorities to strengthen their capacity to improve safety at the community level. This includes, but is not limited to conducting assessments to cases of insecurity claims, facilitating community dialogues on conflict, provide training on conflict management and support the strengthening of community – formal security provider relationships.
- Act as primary link between the assigned target communities and DRC;
- Coordinate with local authorities/community leaders during identification of project beneficiaries in target areas in accordance with DRC selection criteria and process;
- Support in mobilization of community leaders to UNHCR and agency meetings
- Liaise with community leaders and local government authorities about the safety in the assigned target communities (i.e. community entry);
- Conduct conflict assessment/analysis when required and provide sufficient recommendations.
- Conduct assessments to individuals with safety and security related concerns. The assessments should be focused on identifying and mitigating the escalation of individual conflicts into the wider community.
- Facilitate dialogue and other activities aimed at reducing armed violence and including activities to strengthen local conflict management capacity and to promote better collaboration between local communities and formal security providers.
- Work closely with the SGBV and Child Protection departments in supporting mediation dialogues.
- Facilitate routine review and coordination meetings for community leaders and peace committees
- Facilitate peace club sessions at the target schools within the project area.
- Ensure good cooperation with partners and other organizations working in the project target areas;
- Demonstrate excellent collaboration with DRC staff and partners from other target areas irrespective of their tribal identity;
- Compile the required monitoring forms and reports using the prescribed HDP formats and submit reports to the Project Officer Weekly and on Monthly basis.
- Provide inputs and participate in the development of community Safety Concept;
- Ensure that all tasks allocated by the Area Manager and Social Cohesion Project Officer or their delegates are executed promptly, efficiently and in accordance with DRC operational guidelines;
- Take good care of all assigned equipment including communication equipment;
- Ensure that there are receipts for all expenses and compile all receipts according to DRC financial guidelines by the end of each week financial reporting period and submit to the Kakuma DRC Finance officer.
- Fully adhere to DRC procedures for security, financial management, logistics, human resources and administration;
- Uphold DRC’s Code of Conduct;
- Any other tasks as may be assigned from time to time.
Experience and technical competencies:
- 2 -3 Years’ Experience with community peace and/or development work.
- Experience of working in insecure environments is an added advantage;
- A university degree/Diploma or equivalent work experience, preferably in peace studies, Conflict management, political science or related field
- Competent in both Written and Spoken English and Swahili language.
DRC’s Core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: you focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: you involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: you take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: you act in line with our vision and values.
Contract duration: 11 months. Salary and conditions will be in accordance with the Danish Refugee Council terms of employment for National staff.
Availability: February 2022
Internal & External: Security providers (KPRs, Police, APs), Government officials (chiefs, DOs, DCs), County government, Partner agencies, Community Leaders
- HOW TO APPLY
Closing Date : 26 January. 2022
the kind of adverts you want to be getting from Us.
Regards from Starbinet.