Cepheid Jobs 2020 for Field Service Engineer (Rwanda) available. See details below on how to apply for the position of Field Service Engineer (Rwanda) in Cepheid.
Cepheid Inc is an American molecular diagnostics company that develops, manufactures and markets fully integrated systems for testing in the clinical market, and for application in its original non-clinical market.
Ensure customer satisfaction through effective troubleshooting, repair, installation, and maintenance of GeneXpert and Infinity products. Address customer support issues promptly and professionally.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with customers, ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction through proactive attitude and actions to optimize system performance
- Proactive preventive maintenance and modifications, reactive repairs and basic calibration, and installations and de-installations, in a timely, productive, and cost-effective way
- Train customers in the appropriate maintenance of systems.
- Maximize system performance and minimize downtime
- Interpret customers’ needs and take responsibility for problem resolution amongst other functions liaising with the customer on administrative and technical matters
- Manage all aspects of field support, which is not limited to system hardware and software, PCs, and networking/wireless networking
Secondary Job Responsibilities:
- Provides technical direction and support to customers on instrument operation, assay development, and maintenance of company products.
- Install instrumentation, train customers and ensure a smooth and rapid start-up for new customers
- Introduce the Cepheid instrumentation, software and reagents to customers upon installation
- Integrate Cepheid instruments into customer laboratories and provide customer support to the customer during the evaluation and validation process
- Assist in the development and optimization of assays on Cepheid instrumentation
- Work closely with sales, marketing and QA/QC to address customer concerns, determine corrective action and customer follow-up
- Spares management including stock levels, request and dispatch
- Ensuring correct documents and stickers get sent with new instruments
- Perform monthly cycle counts on workshop/warehouse inventory as well as car stock
- Troubleshoot, repair and recalibrate Cepheid instruments following approved procedures
- Provide clear and concise documentation for all work in accordance with company procedures and ISO/QSR requirements
- Proactively participates in the quality systems and quality improvement
- Comply with ISO 13485 requirements and maintain effectiveness of the quality management system
- Complete accurate service records both electronically and manually
- May be required to write PDR or NCR as directed by the Manager
- Perform visual final inspection (QA) and order/replenish parts for service
- Ensuring certificate of compliance get copied and filed
Training Responsibilities: (Required)
- Complete all assigned and required training satisfactorily and on time
- High School degree (or equivalent experience) with 4-6 years of related work experience ORAA or Technical Trade Degree with 2-4 years of related work experience.
- 3-4 years’ experience in field lifecycle maintenance, sales support, or technical services role
- Knowledge and experience with testing electronic measuring devices
- Experience with troubleshooting and repair of medical devices (diagnostic advantageous)
- Experience or ability to work with other electronics test equipment
- Ability to read and follow process procedures, work instructions, job standards and related information
- Possess computer and software skills (including Windows XP, Windows 7 MS Office, etc.)
- Possess the ability to work with customers and vendors at both business and technical level
- An exceptional time management skill is a must
- Capable of explaining technical procedures in writing or verbal is essential
- Ability to work independently and self-motivated is required
- Must be able to travel approximately 75% of the time
- Fluent in English and local languages
- French will be an added advantage
- Understands and complies with the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external customers
- Required to spend around 80% on-site with customers
- Valid motor vehicle license
- Travel mostly limited to Eastern African countries, but will include some worldwide travel to France
- The individual may be asked to do other job duties as required by the business
- Will be required to work after hours from time to time
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available here.
Guess this advert on Cepheid was relevant to you. If not You can leave a comment below, telling Us
the kind of adverts you want to be getting from Us.
Regards from Starbinet.