Centre for Health Solutions – Kenya (CHS) Jobs 2023 for Laboratory Intern
Centre for Health Solutions – Kenya (CHS) Jobs 2023 for Laboratory Intern available. See details below on how to apply for the position of IT Customer Service in Millar Cameron.
Centre for Health Solutions – Kenya (CHS) is a local, not-for-profit organisation. We understand the local context, make use of local expertise and strategic partnerships to ensure we implement evidence-informed solutions and interventions to address existing and emerging public health concerns.
Overall Job Function
Reporting to the Senior Technical Officer- Laboratory, the Laboratory Intern will support the USAID funded Tuberculosis Accelerated Response and Care II ( USAID TB ARC II) laboratory systems strengthening initiatives.
- Support review of DR-TB baseline and follow-up investigation invoices and troubleshoot implementation challenges in collaboration with the counties
- Take part in drafting weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports, and other written materials such as lessons learned and case studies
- Support design and implementation of quality assurance services and systems such as microscopy, GeneXpert and culture external quality assessment systems in Kenya
- Support viral load/early infant diagnosis sample referral systems strengthening by liaising with G4s courier to ensure all challenges are resolved, and invoices are reviewed on timely basis
- Identify best practices in the course of project implementation, and support documentation for dissemination
- Opportunity to learn TB diagnostics models in the country (Microscopy, Truenat, GeneXpert, Culture and LPA, TB LAM)
- Perform other technical duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- A bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Biostatistics, Statistics, Demography, Monitoring or Diploma in Medical Laboratory Science (DMLS) or BSc degree in Medical Laboratory Sciences (BMLS), Molecular Biology or equivalent
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both English and Kiswahili
- Experience with design of programs, SOPs, tools, guidelines and policy formulation
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain relationships with project staff.
How to Apply
Submit your CV with contact details of three referees, copies of relevant documents and Application to email@example.com
Use the title of the position as the subject of the email
Closing Date : 8 March. 2023
Regards from Starbinet