Canonical Jobs 2023 for Telco Cloud Field Engineer
Canonical Jobs 2023 for Telco Cloud Field Engineer available. See details below on how to apply for the position of IT Customer Service in Millar Cameron.
We deliver open source to the world faster, more securely and more cost effectively than any other company. If you’re interested in a career at Canonical, we are a remote-first company so please apply to any suitable role as skills are valued more than location, despite some having a preferred geographic preference.
The role of a Telco Field Engineer at Canonical
- The telco industry is moving to software-defined services. This transformation is driven by open source software, cloud computing and the move to VNF / CNF approaches. Canonical Ubuntu is a key platform for telco innovation, and we are growing our team of specialists who work in the industry to accelerate the change.
- Canonical enables operators and communications service providers to embrace this new world, with a focus on platforms such as Ubuntu, OpenStack, and Kubernetes, and reusable, high quality automation for operations at scale.
- As part of the Canonical Field Engineering organization, you will lead customers through the design and delivery of OpenStack, Kubernetes, and software-defined networking solutions. Your passion for open-source technologies will enable customers to understand and operate advanced infrastructure substrates to meet the demands of 5G and beyond.
- Location: Remote-based, East Coast USA, Canada and EMEA
What your day will look like
- Match customer requirements to advanced capabilities in the VNF/CNF/NFVi/NFVO/VNFM/VIM/MEC space
- Provide technical pre-sales consulting to Service Provider teams
- Design and implement telco-grade open source multi-tenant private clouds and micro clouds
- Investigate, report and/or fix software defects uncovered during customer deployments
- Demonstrate advanced Infrastructure as code (IaC) techniques relevant to telco
- Architect and implement advanced, resilient Service Provider Cloud and Application solutions
- Design and deliver software defined infrastructure with OpenStack, Kubernetes, MAAS and Ceph
- Learn model-driven operations with Juju charms for Kafka, Hadoop, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, NGINX, and more
- Help customers adopt advanced Bare Metal, Public, Private and Hybrid Cloud solutions
- Learn from customer engagements and drive meaningful product improvements
- Shape our roadmap to accelerate our growth in the telco market
What we are looking for in you
- Python software development experience
- A thorough understanding of the telco NFVi (VIM), NFVO, VNFM and MEC space
- Technical understanding of key telco technologies like CPU Pinning, NUMA, SRIOV, DPDK, etc
- A thorough working understanding of the architectures and infrastructure of MNOs and CSPs
- Working knowledge of Mobile Packet Core, Radio, VAS, OSS/BSS
- Understanding of best practices for open source technology in telco virtualisation
- Working knowledge of Linux, Openstack and Kubernetes networking
- A passion to automate and improve all aspects of open source products and tooling
- Ability to lead complex projects from start to finish
- A collaborative attitude with a keen eye on customer success
- Excellent communication and presentation abilities
- Able to travel up to 50% of the time for events, customer meetings, project delivery
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 15 June. 2023
Regards from Starbinet