C-Quest Capital Jobs 2023 for Regional Nature-Based Solutions Programme Manager – East Africa
C-Quest Capital Jobs 2023 for Regional Nature-Based Solutions Programme Manager – East Africa available. See details below on how to apply for the position of IT Customer Service in Millar Cameron.
C- Quest Capital LLC (CQC) is a social impact investor, project developer, and climate finance specialist with a mission to transform the lives of families in the poorest communities in developing countries by providing them access to clean and sustainable energy services, clean energy technologies and improving the health and wellbeing of women and children. CQC was founded in 2008 and is headquartered in Washington DC, USA with subsidiaries in India, Malaysia, Singapore, and Cambodia as well as on-ground teams in Malawi, Zambia, and rapidly growing into other Sub-Saharan Africa countries. CQC is a leader in providing clean efficient cooking and lighting services to the rural poor worldwide and has growing businesses in renewable energy production and supply, sustainable agricultural land use, and forestry. CQCs projects are implemented either through operational platforms and subsidiaries or through closely managed partnerships and joint ventures with on-the-ground organizations. C-Quest Capital has active investments in over 15 countries across Sub-Saharan Africa, Central America, and South and East Asia that have thus far improved the lives of over 20 million people.
CQC is hiring a Nature-based Solutions Programme Manager in Nairobi, to support the growth of our NbS programme within the East Africa region. This new role will drive the early-stage expansion of the NbS programme in the region and be responsible for day-to-day project management of the expanding portfolio. This includes project origination – identifying and proposing new NbS trials, pilots and projects, partner identification -, due diligence and onboarding, and determining key steps to identify relevant methodologies and steps for the development of nature-based removal carbon assets and coordinating with the operations team to ensure smooth delivery of project and integration with cookstove programmes. It will also provide support, coordination and guidance to partners in piloting these programmes in other countries in the region. He/she will report to CQC’s Head of Nature-based Solutions, and work closely with the local operations team and CQC’s Chief Scientist based in Lilongwe, Malawi.
Under the guidance of CQC’s Head of Nature-based Solutions, the Programme Manager will ensure the day-to-day successful implementation of CQC’s East African NbS portfolio:
- Local managerial oversight and support to development and growth of the NbS programme in East Africa, developing
- Day to day coordination and oversight of on the ground activities, integration and coordination with the cookstoves operations team – ensuring smooth and timely coordination and planning of cookstove implementation within the NbS programme as the programme scales -, daily trouble shooting, raising up issues to Head of NbS.
- Identify resource needs to grow technical expertise and NbS field teams, identifying training needs for existing operations teams and local staff.
- Ensure timely execution of administrative activities for the NbS programme, e.g. external agreements, consultancy contracts, budgeting, finance, reporting.
- Local coordination of activities required for the development and screening of new NbS trials and pilots in the region, including initial due diligence on potential implementing partners and potential methodologies.
- Provide timely coordination with NbS technical staff, the field team, and Head of NbS to support the assessment, and ongoing development, monitoring and reporting for carbon projects in the region.
- Tracking policy and market developments in the region, including engaging in local policy & market discussions and key working groups/events, and keeping finger on the pulse of new developments, trouble shooting.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- Advanced degree in the field of conservation, ecology, agriculture, forestry or environmental science and management.
- Minimum 7 years’ work experience in project or programme management in sustainable development, agriculture projects, conservation, environmental management, or land management.
- Prior experience in project development and origination for Agriculture, Forestry and Land-Use (AFOLU) is highly desirable.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills with a proven ability to create and maintain positive working relationships with peers, employees and external stakeholders.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills; excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- A working knowledge of the carbon markets is desirable, but not essential.
- Fluency in a local language is desirable, but not essential.
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 31 March. 2023
Regards from Starbinet