Ananda Marga Universal Relief Team (AMURT) Jobs 2021 for Communications Officer available. See details below on how to apply for the position of Communications Officer in Ananda Marga Universal Relief Team (AMURT).
AMURT’s mission is to help improve the quality of life for the poor and disadvantaged people of the world, and those affected by calamity and conflict. We encourage and enable individuals and communities to harness their own resources for securing the basic necessities of life and for gaining greater economic, social and spiritual fulfillment, while honoring their customs, language, and religious beliefs. AMURT (Ananda Marga Universal Relief Team) is one of the few private international humanitarian organizations founded in India. Since its inception in 1965 its original objective was to help meet the needs of the affected population after disasters that regularly hit the Indian sub-continent. Over the years AMURT has established teams in thirty-four countries, to create a network that can meet disaster and development needs almost anywhere in the world. In 1985 we broadened our goals to include long-term development. We feel that we can play a useful role in helping vulnerable communities break the cycle of poverty and gain greater control over their lives.
AMURT recently won an award for KENYA HEALTH PARTNERSHIPS FOR QUALITY SERVICES (KHPQS)-OVC/DREAMS program, and seeks to recruit the following positions based in Mombasa and Kilifi Counties.
Responsible for developing, supporting and promoting the program goal through messages development, social media content creation, media outreach, developing and disseminating materials that increase the program visibility, creating strategies to effectively engage beneficiaries and quality reporting. The job holder will play a key role in the project ’s communications with all the stake holders and will report to the COP.
- Support the project implementation team on quality documentation of best practices
- Responsible for developing, supporting and promoting the program goal through messages development, social media content creation, media outreach, developing and disseminating materials that increase the program visibility, creating strategies to effectively engage beneficiaries and quality reporting.
- Responsible for advising and ensuring compliance with donor branding and marking requirements.
- Lead all communication aspects for the project and ensure high standards of professionalism
- Play a key role in supporting the COP and project team in strategic engagement of the county governments and private partners
- Spearhead development and implementation of communication strategies for the project
- Advise on all media coverage for key project events to ensure quality and compliance with donor and organizational communication requirements
- Work closely with the Executive Director COP, DCOP and Technical leads to ensure that all donor reports are prepared to quality standards in compliance with contractual obligations, maintaining a tracking system to ensure that all reporting deadlines are met.
- Coordinate and manage project communication channels and materials including print, video, publications, and social media activities.
- At least a bachelor’s degree in Communications or relevant discipline from an accredited institution.
- A minimum of 5 years’ relevant working experience in a similar role
- Demonstrated strong experience on USAID visibility and branding work
- Strong writing and editorial skills
- Creativity and innovation: Ability to develop and adapt innovative approaches and replicable strategies for communication and documentation
- Planning and organizing skills: Ability to coordinate and facilitate quality documentation and communication to internal and external audience.
- Communication skills: Ability to make presentations that catch and maintain audience interest; and excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in using Windows Operating System as well as Microsoft Office applications (Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Have strong relationship management.
- Excellent time management.
- Team player with excellent negotiation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize workload and demonstrate deliverables/outcomes.
the kind of adverts you want to be getting from Us.
Regards from Starbinet.