Amref Kenya Jobs 2023 for Technical Advisor – Governance
Amref Kenya Jobs 2023 for Technical Advisor – Governance available. See details below on how to apply for the position of IT Customer Service in Millar Cameron.
Amref Health Africa in Kenya is the country programme office of Amref Health Africa, Africa’s largest International Health NGO. This is the largest and oldest country programme in Africa with an average annual budget of USD 40million. We have 19 innovative products and project models that have successfully been implemented and transformed 5.4 million lives.
- The Technical Advisor, Governance will provide technical leadership and project oversight for governance programming which includes Strengthening health sector regulatory and oversight institutions and improved governance structures to ensure inclusive and wider engagements of state and non-state actors in decision making.
- H/she will also be responsible for leading influence, advocacy, research and internal initiatives at the discretion of their supervisors. H/she will build the capacity of key actors to take strategic action across the health governance spectrum including; accountability, policy, strategic planning change, and health financing to deliver measurable results.
- Provide direct technical expertise on governance and accountability approaches.
- Lead the strategic oversight and technical delivery of Governance and Accountability to ensure quality delivery and synergies with the other components of the programme.
- Strengthen county health management boards and health facility management boards
- Address gaps in coordination and harmonization of health sector regulatory functions
- Address non-adherence to legislation, policies, standards, and guidelines by public and private health services providers
- To assess the state of compliance for legislation, policy and effective practice in terms of composition, capacity, skills and knowledge
- To ensure optimum engagement of individual citizens, beneficiary groups and community advocacy forums
- To spearhead bottom-up accountability and empower citizens to demand transparent and accessible information for the provision of health services
- To strengthen participation and influence in the MTEF process by non-state actors such as the private sector, CSOs and citizens
- Work closely with the accountability, policy and partnerships advisors to develop coordinated approaches to sustainably improving public sector investments in health and Reproductive Maternal Newborn Child and Adolescent (RMNCAH) health in particular.
- Provide targeted technical support to the County teams to ensure the results framework for the county is achieved.
Guiding program design:
- Support county program staff to design programs and projects.
- Help define the approach to teaming/partnering with other organizations.
- Support selection of indicators for country programs
Engaging in business development:
- Review technical quality of proposals, including review of technical activities and ensuring alignment to Amref’s outcomes.
- Input into go / no-go decisions on proposals.
- When necessary, write technical narratives of proposals.
- Provide input on budgets required for project delivery.
- Engage with Partners and the Ministry of Health Officials and do outreach in support of the program.
Building the technical capacity of county program staff to ensure ongoing program quality and innovation:
- Work with county program colleagues to help analyze data that inform periodic review and course correction as needed.
- Share cross-context learning with country program staff across the region.
- Conduct technical training and ongoing technical coaching for country program staff, including on Amrefoutcomes, theories of change, evidence and indicators.
- Review and share program-specific tools/resources/curricula and work with Technical Unit specialists to contextualize and adapt County specific materials.
- Support senior County program staff recruitment and onboarding.
Education, Experience & Competencies
- At least Eight (8) years of Public Health experience, four (4) of which must be in managing, complex technical service delivery programs of similar scope and dollar value.
- At least a Master’s degree in Social Sciences, Public Health, Medicine, Management, Business Administration, or a related field.
- Working knowledge of USAID policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of administration, human resources (HR) practices, budget management.
- Experience recruiting, forming, and successfully managing teams and ensuring the quality of their products.
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English required.
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 4 June. 2023
Regards from Starbinet