AME Officer Job. ACTED – Career Point Kenya is available | Apply Now
AME Officer Jobs, ICT Jobs, NGO Jobs, ACTED Jobs
ACTED is a French humanitarian NGO, founded in 1993, which supports vulnerable populations, affected by humanitarian crises worldwide. ACTED provides continued support to vulnerable communities by ensuring the sustainability of post-crisis interventions and engaging long-term challenges facing our target populations, in order to break the poverty cycle, foster development and reduce vulnerability to disasters. Their interventions seek to cover the multiple aspects of humanitarian and development crises through a multidisciplinary approach which is both global and local, and adapted to each context.
ACTED is looking for professionally confident, self-motivated, experienced and committed team player to fill the Position of AME Officer in Maralal, Samburu County – Kenya.
Under the direction Area Coordinator, the aim of the AME Officer is to support in the effective implementation of all appraisal, monitoring and evaluation work for ACTED at the field level.
Monitor and report on field level AME activities
- Under the direction of the AME Manager, monitor and report on project AME work plans and activities as per the geographic scope of the position;
- Prepare and submit weekly AME progress reports, outlining achievements, challenges and progress;
- Work closely with other units in order to provide information for mapping, proposal development and reporting; liaise with partner/collaborating organizations for AME activities, as required;
- Responsible for coordinating AME related logistics and financial procedures at the field level; and
- Perform additional tasks as per the request of the Line manager.
Development of AME ToRs, data collection tools and methodologies
- Assist in the design of AME methodologies, data collection terms of reference (TORs) and the development of data collection tools to monitoring progress and outcomes of ACTEDs projects for field level activities (including, but not limited to, Post-distribution monitoring, Needs Assessments, Asset Baselines/Verification, Beneficiary verification);
- Ensure that monitoring and evaluation activities are in-line with expected project goals, objectives and measure the defined indicators;
Facilitate the collection of accurate, reliable and useful data for project implementation and development
- Plan and conduct field-level data collection missions, ensuring the collection of accurate, reliable and useful data;
- Provide field supervision and plan logistical arrangements for conducting AME activities, including training of enumerators;
- Supervision of data entry and conduct data checking/cleaning for quantitative and qualitative
Conduct and share quantitative and qualitative analysis and write timely reports for programme development, management and implementation
- Conduct analysis of quantitative data, including preparing cross-tabulations, graphs and statistical analysis when required;
- Conduct qualitative analysis including writing up field-notes and use different methods to improve programme implementation, such as SWOT analysis, Problem-Solution tree, etc.
- Produce timely and high quality AME reports, at the base level, including, but not limited to: PDMs, Asset Baselines, and Capacity Assessments.
Management of internal and external relationships
- Supervision of AME Assistants & Enumerators, including development of work plans;
- Work with management and support staff to comply with ACTED rules and procedures; and
- Provide inductions and trainings to staff outside of the AME unit, to ensure AME principles and practices are understood and utilized across all programme units.
Proactively ensure organizational learning through the documenting and follow-up of lessons learned
- Capture and record field-level learnings through regularly updating the LEARN database;
- Follow-up and support programme teams on the implementation of recommendations and learnings;
- Proactively identify challenges and risks faced by programme implementation teams and escalate to the AME Manager.
Ensuring proper and timely information management for all field level activities
- Ensuring all AME documents are properly stored as per the AME Unit’s Information Management Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
Manage and promote ACTED’s Complaints and Response Mechanism (CRM)
- Establish, implement and monitor the beneficiary Complaints and Response Mechanism (CRM) for the country mission in line with ACTED standard beneficiary CRM procedures; including receiving, documenting and managing complaints through telephone hotline, in writing and in person;
- Treat urgent and/or sensitive complaints with the immediate attention they require, and ensure a fast resolution;
- Promote the CRM internally and externally to ensure the CRM is known and accessible to all of ACTED’s beneficiaries
- A Bachelor’s Degree in statistics, computer science or closely related to field
- Proficient understanding of AME, including the ability to work effectively with tight timelines, high quality standards, and demanding, potentially overlapping priorities.
- Experience of social research methods to conduct monitoring and evaluation for humanitarian and development initiatives/interventions.
- Excellent analytical skills in order to interpret qualitative and quantitative data and discern useful recommendations for programme implementation and development.
- Statistical analysis and IT skills, including use of SPSS and Excel for data analysis.
- At least 3 years of work experience in a similar field; former experience with humanitarian organizations is an asset.
- Good English communications skills (both oral and written).
- Strong team player of high integrity, pleasant personality, ability to work under least supervision and meet strict deadlines.
- High level of integrity, transparency and honesty.
- Knowledge of the location context will be an advantage.
How To Apply
Qualified applicants with the required skills are invited to submit their applications accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter detailing three work related referees and contacts to firstname.lastname@example.org and received on or before 5.00PM on 28 August 2019 with the subject line “AME Officer”
Please do not attach any other documents while sending your applications, if required they will be requested at a later stage.
Please note that shortlisting will be on rolling basis and ACTED reserves the right to hire prior to the deadline. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ACTED will at no stage of recruitment process request candidate to make payments of any kind. Further, ACTED has not retained any agent in connection with recruitment.
ACTED is committed to protecting beneficiaries within our programmes from exploitation and abuse and any kind of misconduct. ACTED has specific policies, including PSEA and Child Protection, which outlines the expected behavior and the responsibility of all staff, beneficiaries, consultants and other stakeholders and has zero tolerance towards misconducts. Any candidate offered a job with ACTED will be expected to sign ACTED’s organizational Policies and Code of Conduct as an annex to their contract of employment and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these documents.
ACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Don’t Miss Your Next Job & Best Career Advice. Subscribe Below Now.
Contact Us for more Information on AME Officer Job. ACTED – Career Point Kenya
You would not like to contact the Institution over information You saw on another site. For this singular reason, Johnene has seen the need to provide more reliable contact information through Which Starbinet Customers can get solutions to their problems. Please, Contact us below:-
Please share this post on AME Officer Job. ACTED – Career Point Kenya to all concerned ones. Regards, Starbinet Team